Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Turns out gravity is real

So, yesterday at work I fell down. Like, hands in the grass, knees scratched up fell down. I was out in the yard of our school looking for some kids (who turned out to be in Spanish class all along. Damnit!). As I came up to the foot high rock step, I was looking at how there was a hole in it and wondering what sort of creature might live in there and BAM! I was on the ground. I guess I forgot to step up. I just landed with my knees on the step and put my hands down in the grass as an after thought.

It is so surprising and discombobulating to be walking, then be on the ground. I was stunned. Then I thought, "Oh GOD! Who saw this? Did P.E. see?" They were across the field, but they were busy doing P.E. things so no one seemed to witness the show. Thank goodness. The Pre-K aide and her group of students, did, however, see the show. I'm pretty sure my hair flipped forward from the impact. Good times.

It had been awhile since I really busted my ass. I forgot how much it hurts. Today when I woke up, I was soooo sore. The only thing I can think that is causing this is my fall. I fell so hard, that my back, shoulders and arms are sore. Ridiculous. My roommate Ashley describes this is a sort of "car wreck" effect. You don't feel it till later. She recently fell off a horse (ouch!!) and had the similar result, although much worse. On my run today I was reminded that also my knees hurt. But then I thought how bad ass I was running right after such a traumatic event. Awesome!

No comments: