So, you know you're living in Honduras (or are a grown up or are reading a book about Buddhism) when your first thought upon seeing a slug in the shower is, "Man! I better save it! My drain doesn't drain very well and this guy will be dead in less than a minute!"
Slugs? Really? You see, I knew this guy would be making an appearance soon. My schema told me so. We've had slugs just chillaxin' on the floor in our dining room. So we save them. And I've noticed the slime trail, ahem TWO slime trails, on the outside of my screen in the bathroom. It was just a matter of time. Fate, if you will.
So I get my "Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford Lifting Eye Creme" tube and scoop him up and set him outside the shower. How do I know it's a him? Cause I teach 3rd grade Science, duh. Okay, I don't really know it's a him, per say. I don't teach about slugs. But it sounded good.
So he doesn't really want to let go, and I'm using the "Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford Lifting Eye Creme" with all my might but at the same time trying not to hurt the little guy. He finally lets go and I set him right outside the shower. There! Safe until I can devote some real time to saving your ass.
I don't know about slugs, not sure if they're slow as molasses like snails or not. Seems so. But during my shower I kept moving the shower curtain to be sure he was still there. Yup! He was. That's good. The last thing I wanted was some ungrateful slug making a run for my closet, or worse yet-my bed.
I don't know if it's the whole Honduras-living-in-the-country thing, oh-shit-I'm-a-grown-up-who-is gonna-take-care-of-this-thing, or hey-I-understand-what-they're-saying-in-Buddhism-thing, but this would not have happened in the not so distant past. Normally, I would have rolled him up in some toilet paper, flushed the evidence and went on with my life. Now I feel bad. Like, shit. Who do I think I am? Plus, I can't flush the toilet paper.
Thursday, October 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lmfao! I love to read your blog! You crack me up. Wish I could jump on a plane and be there to help you with your slug problem.
Post a Comment