Thursday, August 11, 2011
So...this year's class is...
special. They are waaay different from my last group. They have a lot more energy and seem a little more creative. Those are the good things. The bad thing is the behavior. It's like I've captured a bunch of monkeys and am trying to teach them to use silverware. They didn't have much structure last year and they were crazy. I'm sad to say that I've been putting out behavior fires all over the place this first week. I absolutely cannot wait until they are trained! My class from last year was so good that I was in shock at how fast they fell in line. This year, notsomuch. Yesterday one was hanging from the backpack tree hanging from the ceiling. Today I sent a few out of class for making farting noises, and it didn't even faze them. You know, typical 8 year old behavior. Except my other 8 year olds didn't act like that. Weird!! Oh well, I guess they'll keep me on my toes. Here's hoping!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment