Sunday, March 20, 2011

I hear ya, Universe

Yesterday we had quite the little Honduran cultural event. My roommate Sarah's boyfriend, Nahun, made sopa de gorrobo. Otherwise known as iguana soup. It's a delicacy here. It was weird to see the little iguana bodies in our freezer. It was good, kind of like chicken.

Since we ate the soup I've been noticing some strange coincidences. Like Damaris wanted to watch a movie last night so I said yeah. She was watching "Rango". The main character is a lizard. So I started to feel kind of bad that we ate iguana for dinner. It was so cute and the voice was Johnny Depp, so that made me feel even worse.

Then today I saw an iguana while doing my laundry at the big house. He was pretty tranquilo and even let us get up close to it. I felt like somehow it knew our dirty little secret.

I told Damaris that by eating the iguana we may have somehow upset the karmic balance of the universe. Like all these signs point to: "Please don't eat my kind again." Weird.

2 comments:

Kel said...

You crack me up! I took Trey and Bella to see Rango while I was in RP for Spring Break. It was really cute! I think you might need to lay off eating Iguanas for a while. hee hee! love and miss you! Please email me your address AGAIN, I don't know how I can misplace it sooo many times, but I have misplaced it again! ;)

Lacey said...

Ha! I think I never sent it...again. Lemme get on that!! Yes, Rango was cute.