You may not believe me when I tell you this, but today I watched my first futbol game whilst in Honduras. That is "soccer" for all you Americans. I know what you're thinking. Gasp!! How could it have taken you this long to catch a game? Actually, you're probably not thinking that unless you live in Latin America. Futbol is big here. Kids start playing before they can even walk. Plus, you only need a ball and a field to run around in so anyone can play.
Today was a very special game. My kids were playing in a game against the kids from the local orphanage. Some of the kids from the orphanage go to our school, so it's a good rivalry. They were so stoked to play. And they were pretty good, too! I think they lost. I don't really understand futbol, so I'm not certain. It was a close game. Just made me happy to cheer them on. Buen trabajo barones!!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment