Sunday, January 02, 2011

Grateful

As my time in the good ole USA comes to a close, I thought I'd write a little bit about what I appreciate now that I'm back.

Here it goes:

1. Seeing friends and family. I know it sounds obvious, but it really does feed your soul to be home.
2. People actually following traffic rules. At first I was nervous and was a terrible back seat driver. This is because driving in Honduras requires a co-pilot and sometimes a team of people to make it to your destination. Everyone is so courteous here!
3. Shopping. Although it is overwhelming at times. Options (and familiar options at that) rock!!
4. Flushing toilet paper. Nuff said.
5. The feeling that although things seem the same, I have changed and now know just how lucky I am.

God Bless the USA!!

1 comment:

Kel said...

Lace, I am so grateful that I got to see you and spend some much needed quality time with you. I am sooo looking forward to my trip this summer!!!! Maybe then I'll appreciate some of this stuff too. ha!