Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Perhaps one of the best parts of teaching ELL's (English Language Learners) is that you are constantly reminded that they are ELL's.

Like one of my students always asks, "Because, Miss Lacey, because?" We have all explained to her that because is the reason and you want to ask "why" instead. So about half the time she'll ask using "why" and half the time she'll use "because". So sometimes she'll say "Because, Miss Lacey, because?" Then I'll remind her to use "why". Then she says "Why, Miss Lacey, why?" To which I respond, "Because..." I'm sure that's not confusing at all.

I also got a very heartwarming card this week. See below.
Outside of card


Inside of card

In case you didn't catch it, it says, "Ms. Lacey I You are tha ticher more cool for me." I don't want to toot my own horn, but I'd have to agree.

1 comment:

LoriLyn said...

I love it :)