So our most recent mantra around these parts is "Suck it up!" Copyright Damaris.
Lights don't work in the bathroom? Suck it up.
Oh, it's raining again? Suck it up.
You have 15 new bug bites? Suck it up.
Maid washes all your clothes together? Suck it up.
No internet? Suck it up.
Oh, it takes 10 hours for your hair to dry? Suck it up.
Seven people sharing a car? Suck it up.
"Welcome to Honduras!" is also interchangeable with this mantra.
Now, it's not all bad here, just a few things take some getting used to. So that's what we mean by "suck it up!" Thank goodness for my lil' precious kids and for the laughter I have on a daily basis. I'm also quite enjoying all the tortillas, but I have since cut down to one a day. My school is so relaxed, it's fantastic. I like (most days) being challenged to speak and understand Spanish. There are of course perks of home that are missed, but I guess it's a trade off. Mostly I miss my family and friends. Everything else is just secondary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment