Wednesday, September 01, 2010
And sometimes I speak with a Honduran accent
They sure do pronounce things different in Espanol. Gotta love those cognates. Like imagination/imaginacion. So in my classroom I pronounce the kids names as best as I can in Spanish. I like to think that my kids appreciate it and think, "Damn! This gringa has her pronuncation down pat!" Like Daniel is Don-yell. And Cecilia is Ces-silly-a. You get the idea. So when I'm calling on them, as I often do, it goes something like this (imagine this in my best Honduran accent): Nice job Angel, Miguel, Daniel, Jose Daniel. Way to go Adriana, Sofia, Eduardo, Jose Andres, Cecilia. I like the way Alejandra, Albanize, Gabriel and Ricardo are lining up! Good strategies Demi, Giorgio, Maria Jose, Andre and Shannon. But alas, it's not Shan-uhn. It's Schawn-nawn. I love it here. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment