Monday, August 23, 2010

Onions

My lessons are like onions. There are many layers.

Today we did a sequencing lesson. The book we read had the word "cavity" in it. So I asked them if they knew the word and to tell us what it was in Spanish so they could all understand. They proceeded to tell me many times, but I could never really understand what they were saying. So then they told me how to spell it and after many times of spelling it, we finally got it on the board. C-A-R-I-E. So I used my best Spanish pronunciation and they all laughed. Not like giggling, like we were all laughing pretty hard. Apparently I have some work to do. They love it when I say simple sentences like, "Agua aqui" to tell our custodian that some water spilled. Literally translated, "water here".

So when I got home I told Damaris and Sarah the cavity story. We looked it up. Yeah, turns out it's "cavidad". And I can totally say that.

No comments: