Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And the Academy Award goes too...

me. Ha ha!

So sometimes during the day I find myself acting out things. Like I walk over to where we turn in our paper and pretend to turn in a paper, use my hands to pretend like I'm eating all my food to tell a kid he must eat before playing, or pretend to build designs out of pattern blocks to help explain the directions. I also do a lot of finger shaking to represent no. I can only imagine what kindergarten is like!!
My mom did always say, "If you can act, then you can teach!"

The language proficiency level in my classroom varies. So I'm sure that some of these kids are thinking, "What is this lady doing with all the hand gestures and acting things out. We get it already! Let us go to centers." For some kids, my acting is all they got. It is so rewarding when those kids do understand.

My class is so well behaved, for the most part. Today I told them they had five more minutes until we were done with centers. So, on their own accord, they all started cleaning up and were all in their seats waiting patiently for me before the timer had even gone off. Wow! I was impressed. So we played a game.

2 comments:

Chaya said...

It rocks, right? Totally different vibe than the States...

LoriLyn said...

That's fantastic!