The last few weeks have been really busy. This week we had Honduran (and most of Central America) Independence. That meant that on Tuesday we came to school, sang the national anthem, recited the pledge and participated in a desfile around the Zamorano campus. A desfile is a parade. There was even a band. We were walking around behind a band. They were awesome.
So Tuesday we had the desfile, then we went home at 11:30. We had Wednesday off. Tuesday night I went with my director, her husband and Daniel (1st grade teacher) to camp in a lodge in the mountains. Except when we got there it was closed. Not the mountains, but the lodge. It was all locked up. We did have some fun having cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while we waited for someone that never showed up. Oh well! It was nice to visit. And we had a great dinner once we got back to Zamorano. What's that we say?? Oh yeah, suck it up. Shit happens. Not awesome but turned out fun.
On my day off, I caught up on some tv. Like hours of it. It was awesome.
Today was "Dia del Maestro". I got a coffee cup. Some things never change. What to get your teacher?? I know!! A coffee mug!! Awesome.
We have Monday off. That's really the best gift you can give your teacher. Damaris (5th and 6th grade Math/Science teacher) and I are getting up at 4:00 for our other roommate Sarah (Fundraisng Extraordinaire) to take us to the bus station to go to a little beach town called Tela. Actually the bus station is more like a corner somewhere in the middle of Tegucigalpa. Should be awesome!
My parents are actually starting to understand how things work around here. My mom asked tonight, "Do you get bank statements from your bank there?" I laughed then they laughed. Then she said, "Oh yeah, it's Honduras." Isn't Honduras awesome?
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A Monday off really IS the best gift you can get your teacher. I'd get you a Monday off for your birthday if I could... :)
Post a Comment