Sunday, August 08, 2010

Two more days...

until I'm officially a teacher again. Today we went into Teguc, supervised of course, we're not crazy! Did a little shopping at the Hiper (Wal Mart), LaRach (Lowe's), and Price Smart (Sam's Club). You really can get everything here. Except some things are gonna cost you. Like mirrors (espejas) and wire baskets. But, I don't spend a lot of money anywhere else, so it's ok. No really, there's not much to do here and going out to eat in Zamorano, the chicken drive, will cost you about $7 and that's with beers. It rocks! Plus there are some good sites that you can stream free movies on. One movie I watched had some heads popping up in front of the movie and people laughing in it, but I'm gonna pretend I didn't see all that.

I'm a little nervous about teaching down here because they're all English language learners. I'm half expecting them to look at me like I'm totally crazy because they don't understand a word I'm saying. That's probably the biggest fear I have. I can only imagine what it's like in the kinder class. A bit of a circus at first, I'm sure. I have already told Naomi, the kinder teacher, that I must come in and observe. She said she probably says "sit down" 500 times a day and has to show them again and again. Funny stuff.

Today we're going to a BBQ at our director's house. There are 7 English teachers and this is the first time we'll all be together. Should be fun!

Here are some more pics. I can't believe how pretty everything is. It's the rainy season too, so everything is so green!

My room

Mural in my bedroom. No, I didn't paint it. But the doves represent freedom. And I like freedom.

View on campus

Walking through campus


Another view on campus

El lago

My desk

Room is coming along...I'm actually done, just need to take another pic

Me in front of the school


On the way to Teguc. Looks ominous.

Rocks on road. Totally safe.

View from the highway

1 comment:

LoriLyn said...

Glad to see pictures. It's beautiful in Honduras!