Today was overwhelming to say the least! We had a short orientation on school policy and procedures plus a little bit of curriculum training. At one point I just stopped listening to what I was supposed to. I mean, there's only so much information that can this brain can hold.
Plus I found out last night that one of our teammates from our softball team died in a car accident yesterday. I couldn't sleep. Devastating news.
I was so upset and felt crazy today that I could hardly put forth the effort to speak any Spanish. Then I realized that I have to make the best of all these moments and try no matter how I feel. I got my room mostly done. We met all the Honduran teachers at our school and had a kick ass authentic Honduran lunch. We even got our wireless internet at home and I managed to entertain our handyman with my Spanish. Who knew that in the middle of Honduras you can get wireless internet?!
So now I realize that I have to take this teaching thing day by day, week by week, and enjoy the little moments. Also, there are some gems of people all around me that I just need to appreciate and enjoy.
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sorry about the sad news.
Post a Comment