Monday, July 12, 2010

Pretty popular

So, I leave for Honduras in a little more than two weeks. So excited and nervous!! In true fashion, we're having a party at the parents' house. So, of course it's time to send out the evites. I had to get an email for a friend's mom via text message. She sent it and all was good. Everyone had been invited. Even a stranger.

Yesterday I go to check the rsvp's, and my friend's mom has replied that she will attend. Instead of some sweet message, she has typed, "I've decided to catch a flight in from Washington state to attend your party, even thou I don't know you."

Hmmm. That's weird. She lives down the street from my parents. Why is she in Washington and pretending like she doesn't know me? If this is a joke, it's very cruel. Not her style at all! She was my second mom growing up. Odd.

Then it dawned on me. I had invited a stranger. And they were attending.

So I frantically check my text message. Yes! That's the one she gave me, what happened! Then I check her email on facebook. Whoops. The text message email was missing one letter. You see, it's not like google. "Did you mean 'movie theater'?" Email's a little finicky. You have to get all the letters right.

I totally uninvited the party crasher and sent them a breezy, non threatening email, just in case they're crazy. They do have ALL my information now, plus the party location.

Here's what I said, "Hey! Although I'm stoked that you (a stranger) are planning to attend the party, I hate for you to go through all that trouble. I got the wrong email...yadda, yadda, yadda. Take care!"

I still haven't heard back from my new friend.

No comments: