Monday, March 22, 2010

Back in the USA

We arrived back home last night. I am home sick today. Got some antibiotics and all. Just wanted to add that in case my principal is reading this and thinks I'm just faking it. Ha! It's soooo good to be home. It just reaffirms that I really like traveling and really like coming home too. I am hoping that I feel the same way about my new home in Honduras. Anyways--here's the last day recap of our trip.

Saturday--last day to really enjoy Germany. We spent the day on a walking tour of
Munich and shopping for souvenirs. One of our roommates from our hostel went with us too. She is from Belgium. She sprechen zie Deutsch. The tour was great except that I kept coughing and couldn't stop. We actually used our roommate's Deutsch to help get me some medicine from a German pharmacy. Good stuff!

Then we were off to Frankfurt for our last night before going back to the states. Right train, no confusing connections, seats=awesome! When we get to the station it was clear that something exciting was happening. Apparently Frankfurt had just played against Munich in soccer. They had just won. If you have not seen drunk, German soccer fans, you're really missing out. Whoa.

Then we spent an hour and a half dragging our luggage around Frankfurt in search of our "conveniently located" hotel. Yeah. We did stay positive, and at least we have legs and it wasn't raining! We had to stop to eat some chocolate and Twizzlers to keep up our strength. We had asked 5 different people on the side of the road or in businesses, and had gotten 5 different directions! Finally we see an airport shuttle van with the name of our hotel on it. We flag him down and force him to open the doors, which he did not want to do. With his broken English and our hand signals we all agree we're lost and that he'll take us. Yay! He's our new best friend. And totally going to visit us in the states.

Hotels are awesome. You don't really appreciate them until you: have shared showers, share a room with 5 other girls, come home drunk trying to be quiet while sharing a room with 5 other girls, and have bathrooms with no blinds. Our hostels were awesome, but the hotel was awesomer.

Sunday-full day of traveling. Not so bad. And finally home again! USA! USA!

In summary, the trip was great. I can't even tell you how cool it was to learn so much history. And the people were pretty cool. I'll definitely go back!

3 comments:

Justin, Kris, and Bowen said...

So glad you are back, so glad you had fun, but sad you are sick.

Dez said...

It was an awesome trip! Now we just have to get our pictures together ;0)

Lacey said...

So much fun Kristina! I know D!! I want to make a book too.