To say that it was a difficult trip to Munich would be an understatement. We did finally get here in one piece on Wednesday. After a long travelin' day, we headed to a real Bavarian biergarten. We were very confused as we walked in and thankfully someone sensed our confusion and explained how things work. That was some good schnitzel and beer.
Yesterday we went to Dachau-a former concentration camp. I can't even begin to explain it, but I think everyone should go. Amazing experience.
Last night we went on a 'Beer Challenge'. Yes, I said beer challenge. First we went to the Hofbrauhaus. Lots of people and some great live music. Then Agustiner and learned some history about why people cheer so enthusiastically (it's because of the poison. When you cheers enthusiastically, some of your beer goes into the other's cups. That way thez knew zou weren't poisoning them.) Then it was off to the third bar. By this time, as I'm sure you can imagine, we're happy. Did I mention that the beers we're drinking are stronger than we're used to? 5.6%-7% alcohol. Yeah. So by the 4th bar, everyone on the tour is old friends. Good times!!
Today was Neuschweistein castle. Beautiful scenery. Set in the Alps. An amazing castle and story, although I reallz couldn't retell it to you. I was daydreaming through most of the talking.
Tomorrow we will hopefully get to go on a city tour of Munich.
Auf weidersehen!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you are having such a wondeful, amazing experience! Gotta love that you were daydreaming through a tour...reminded me of Peru! Haha! Love you bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chachi--it reminded me of Peru too! You'll be glad to know, I only daydreamed through a few tours. I did listen for most!
old friends! Don't you love how alcohol does that? :)
Post a Comment