Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Typical morning activities

As if "waking the baby Jesus" isn't enough for our morning meetings. Today in our morning meeting I look over to see one of my girls lounging on this little bean bag we have. Her shirt is up a little bit and hanging out of her belly button is a pencil. She totally stashed her pencil (the eraser side of course!!) in her belly button. What a great idea. They don't mention that when you buy school supplies. Like, "Number 2 pencils, fit right in your belly button!" or "Tired of losing your pencil in writing class? Stash it in your belly button for safe keeping." or (and this one is more likely to happen in my class), "Teacher won't give you pencils to try and teach you a lesson in responsibility and conservation of supplies? Just keep 'em in your belly button and you can't go wrong." If they're following the green revolution, "Who needs pencil boxes, bags or zipper pouches. Use your own belly button!!" Okay, that's enough, but you get the idea.

The lesson of yesterday is not lost on me, I silently guffawed inside my head to myself and turned to look if anyone was witnessing this. No one was. It was just me. I wanted someone to at least share a quick confused look, smirk, or something. Really. Hilarity ensues on a daily basis. Sometimes I really think, this is my job?? Love it.

1 comment:

Justin, Kris, and Bowen said...

I love these stories! Who doesn't put their eraser in their belly button.