Friday, February 19, 2010

San Francisco Job Fair, Episode One

So I flew into San Fran yesterday. Although that seems like ages ago! Really, it was only yesterday?? Yesterday was about getting the bearings and lots of LA Ink episodes in the hotel room. And I also went out to eat at a restaurant by myself. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. A real life restaurant where I went to eat. By myself. I know some people think that's no big deal. Not me. HUGE deal. And awesome.

So, today there was A LOT of action. Workshops galore that started at 9:00 am. And an interview with a school in Vietnam. More informational sessions galore. Then an "interview sign up" that was some sort of international teaching pandemonium. Not really, but it is all a blur. When asked, "What sessions have you gone to?" I replied, "All of them. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake." Apparently not everybody thought they had to go to all the sessions. Not me, I went all out. Went to every session that they offered and went to some schools I wasn't considering. Really guys, it was about 10 hours of 'sitting and getting', as we refer to it in the teaching world. Just sitting and listening to schools and presenters. Very informative, but exhausting. It's 10:00 pm and I'm ready for bed. Time for some night-nights.

At the end of the day I can say: I met some really cool people, I got 7 interviews, I learned a lot about Turkey, I am more outgoing than I thought, and I think I am ready for this crazy adventure. I'll keep you posted!!

3 comments:

Chaya said...

LACEY! I am so freakin' excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear what job you are going to take!!!!!!!

P.S. I am super impressed about the restaurant thing. I have only done it once and I still remember it (from 10 years ago) because it was so unusual for me..haha!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so awesome! I really hope you get the job of your dreams. Keep me posted! Can't wait to celebrate your success!

Jo

Lacey said...

Thanks guys! This is a great, stressful, positive experience. Craziness!