Saturday, February 20, 2010

San Francisco Job Fair, Episode Two

Today is much more low key. I had one 'interview'. It was with a school in Honduras. I use quotes because I have already had an interview via skype with this director. It was more like I just asked some more questions this time. We both like each other very much and are at the top of each other's list. I should hear something about the job later today or tonight.

A few interesting tidbits from the interview.
Director: So, you are ok with shared housing?
Me: Yes, I think it could make it easier adjusting to the move.
Director: Do you know how to drive a stick? (The teachers share a car. Obviously it's a stick. Uh oh.)
Me: No. Man! I always knew that would come back to bite me!! (Except now that I'm looking back on the interview I'm panicking and thought I might have finished that thought. You know the saying...'Come back to bite you in the ass!" But judging by her reaction at the end of the interview I did not say 'ass' in my follow up. Whew.)
Director: That's ok. You can learn on campus. But Tegulcigalpa is very hilly.
Me: (Cut straight to me panicking about how I've got to learn standard before I get there!!)

Double ridiculous. I am aware of this.

On another note, tonight is the social. We get one free drink ticket. I've got to make it an early night, so no partying like it's 1999 for me. My interviews start at 8:30. Here's the order: Colombia, Turkey, China, Korea and Ecuador. Crazy! I am ready to just know already! The suspense is very...suspenseful. You know what I mean. I'm tired. Going to relax before the social.

1 comment:

Chaya said...

Ok, you have to, have to call me today! I know teachers teaching in both Ecuador and Columbia! Lots of info to tell you....ALL good of course!!!! I am so freakin' excited for you!!!!! xoxox