Today at our morning meeting one of my students informed us of what he did over the weekend. Goes a little something like this...
Student: Well, my dad and sister are god parents. So they woke me up early. And we had to go and wake up the sleeping baby Jesus.
Me: You had to go do what?
Student: We had to go wake up baby Jesus. All the way in Dallas.
Me: Like the real baby Jesus? Like baby Jesus, baby Jesus??
Student: Yes, we had to go wake him up.
Me: I'm confused.
Other student #1: I'm confused too.
Other student #2: I don't know what's going on.
Me: Okay. Can you explain it one more time?
Student (in total seriousness, now): We had to go wake up baby Jesus. He was all the way over in Dallas.
Me: Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Now, judging by the look on that students face, this was not an appropriate reaction. I quickly recovered and asked for one more explanation to clarify. Same response. I still didn't get it. Moving on.
I wasn't laughing AT that student, it just sort of came out. It was funny how the whole class just couldn't wrap their heads around what in the world he was talking about. Maybe his family did have the real baby Jesus, or at least someone who looked like him?
I don't know. Note to self, don't laugh at any more baby Jesus stories.
PS-Another student finally came up with that it must have been a statue. And of course that cleared EVERYTHING up. Not.
Monday, February 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
so we never got an explanation?? i am hanging on the edge of my seat here!
You need to record your class and put it away for like 10 years and then go back and have a great laugh. LOVE, LOVE your stories!!
Jo
Kristina--I never got an explanation. I'm imagining that it was a statue. I'll ask him tomorrow. Totally Jo--They crack me up!!
lmao!!! I need to come visit the precious little class you have this year!
This is a good one. A real good one.
Post a Comment