Today as I'm getting ready to put BRAAAAAND NEEEEWWWWW books in our classroom library, I'm saying the titles of the books so the kids know what they're in store for. I wouldn't want them to overlook such gems of books because they didn't know they were there! I'm all, "We have Bad Case of Stripes, Chrysanthemum , and Hooray for Earth Day!." As I'm starting to say the titles, kids are starting to move closer to me and are starting to hover. Kind of like buzzards. Buzzards over books. So as I'm finishing up, I say, "Also we have D is for Democracy, Strega Nona, go-sit-down, and First Day Jitters." Without skipping a beat, one of my super smarty pants kids goes, "Go Sit Down, I've already read that book. No thanks."
And I'm thinking-already read that? Go read it again. You didn't understand it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha! I can totally picture this interaction in your classroom.
Jo
I like it when you share these stories :)
I laughed out loud on this one! I can see this happening:)
Really guys. If only I could post video on the things that go down in my class. Hilarity ensues.
Post a Comment