Monday, January 25, 2010

Hard to say

Tonight I had a skype interview with a director of a school in Honduras. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was rushing through my words so fast that I was out of breath. I like to think that during an interview I'll just "be myself". Well, that flew out the window. Unless "myself" is a fast talking Yankee (she said I didn't even sound like I was from Texas). I think that's my nervous accent--Yankee. Prim and proper without all the "y'alls", "ain'ts" and "over yonders".

Who knows! It's hard to say how it will go. Whatever is meant to be will happen.

On another note, this weekend we went to a UT stroll competition. For those that don't know--strolling is like a "party walk" for fraternities and sororities. Kind of like stepping with dance moves. Yeah. I had no idea. Amy and I went with Anne Marie to see her sorority perform. We had no clue what we were getting into. It was awesome. Dancing, shit talking through hand motions, and an Asian sorority that 'brought it'--just like in the movie. Ohmygod. Awesome. Just don't be surprised if we pull out some strolling. I already showed one bar in Austin my moves. I'm just saying.

PS-My strolling would definitely include some moonwalking. You know it.

1 comment:

LoriLyn said...

Oh, I believe it. Sounds like fun :)