Friday, January 08, 2010

A Good Show

Yesterday in class I kept shocking myself on my laptop from the static electricity. I was wearing these boots that, when combined with the carpet, could power a small city. EVERY TIME I went to stop the video we were watching to talk about it, BZZZZZZ!, a small shock was sent through my body. It was halfway between a little shock and the time I got electrocuted by our old vacuum cleaner-talk about disorientation.

Anyway, so the kids were laughing because I was all scared to touch it and would wince every time I wanted to stop it. I think some of them did feel a little bad about it, but they were mostly laughing. Today as I was using the laptop I think I disappointed them. I wasn't getting shocked for some reason. One kid asked why I wasn't getting shocked and I just replied that I didn't know. Another kid says, "Oh yeah. That was good show." Glad I can entertain you, kids. That's what I'm here for. Oh, and all that learning that's going on.

No comments: