Okay. So it wasnt'a Christmas Affair so much as a "Winter Breakfast" in our classroom yesterday. Here are some interesting things I wanted to share.
1. I had one parent come. A wonderful mom of one of my best students. He is so smart, respectful and really has a good heart. Of course his mom is awesome too, that's how you get awesome kids. We talk and she's asking all sorts of personal stuff about me. Then as she's leaving her and I (a little awkward) take a picture together that her son takes. I forget about it. As she's leaving, she proceeds to tell me how she's going to share the picture with her son, who's in college, the picture of how pretty so-and-so's teacher is. I was like: a) Oh my. If that isn't an awkward situation I don't know what is. b) I'm thinking that college-age is my cut off. Not into keg stands, part-time jobs or homework. At least not anymore and c) A date would most likely involve drinking, and is that really the message I want to send to the kids? Don't think so.
I was flattered, though.
2. Another teacher came up to me at the end of the day and told me "You're going to have a new student. (At this point I'm thinking, great. I just got a new kid this week. Awesome.) "Her name is Miracle." I shit you not.
I go through the whole spiel, "Blah, blah blah, Ms. M, blah, blah, blah." And then I tell her what an awesome name she has.
It is a Christmas Miracle! Or rather, a New Year Miracle since she won't start till January.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that you're getting set up with a college kid. FANTASTIC. By a parent, no less. Awesome. So funny :) Glad you shared :)
Totally. Reliving those college days.
Post a Comment