Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Menace to Society

I have to share what's going on with my grandma. Last Friday, she fell and broke her let. Her leg! When you're 83, and you fall and break your leg it's kind of a big deal. Not like a little stress fracture from doing I-don't-know-what or stepping off a sidewalk and spraining your ankle. When you're 83, your bones just break. Snap! We saw a demonstration about it on The Doctors on Monday. They were talking about Osteoporosis.

Well, Mama is STUBBORN! Apparently in the hospital the first night they caught her trying to get out of her bed and she was gonna leave. Go where? Who knows. She hasn't even driven in decades and I'm pretty sure buying a bus pass is out of the question. So now she has to be restrained. She doesn't follow directions and the poor lady has straps on her wrists tying her to the bed so she doesn't escape. Today she is moving to a rehab hospital for several weeks of rehab. I hope in rehab they have her on a shorter leash or restraints. Plus, PLUS, she is a chain smoker. Can you even imagine what she's going through? No smokes? Whoa. That may or may not be the definition of hell. I'll let you be the judge of that.

I just hope she has a speedy recovery and gives 'em hell in rehab. Ha!

4 comments:

Chaya said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Grandma! Please tell her that "Chow" is wishing her a speedy recovery!!

LoriLyn said...

Yikes! Bad day for Mama!

Lacey said...

I'll tell her Chow! Bad day indeed Lori.

Kelli said...

OMG!! I can't believe I didn't know about this until now! I will call you on Sunday when I get into town. I need to go visit my sweet Mama!