Wednesday, February 16, 2005

At least it's Wednesday

It sucks to be back at work. I know I should be happy to have a job, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I absolutely, positively do not want to be here today! It sucks to come back from vacation. Especially to a job you don't particularly like. Especially to filing. Especially to a boss who just asked me what my plans were for school and teaching, etc. I had to tell her that I'll be teaching in the Fall of 2005. I think one of the other girls in my department told her this. Great! I didn't want to tell her until I had to, because this company likes to let people go. Forget that raise I was asking for. I'm lucky if they keep me around until then. Oh well.

The vacation was great. We had such a good time and it really was an adventure. Between driving in snowstorms and on the side of a mountain with no guardrails and admiring all of the hot snowboarders-a good time was had by all. Really, if you want to know where all of the hot guys are-they're in Colorado snowboarding. I seriously busted my ass, but I think I made some progress. I did not fall onto my binding getting off of the lift. That's what I was really worried about. I calculated it, and if I go snowboarding once a year every year until I'm 40, I might be able to pick it up. That's the thing about living in Texas. I can't get out there enough to make real progress. Angela and Elizabeth are a couple of naturals on skis, though. They did great.

Summary of trip: Snowboarding-1, Lacey-0 -- it ain't over, though.

No comments: