Thursday, February 10, 2005

Random thoughts

Today I went to my school's alumni lunch/mixer thing. It always makes me feel a little bit like a grown up. I sat next to this little old lady, I guess she was about 80-something. She was a laugh riot and absolutely precious. I kept having to repeat everything that was said because she wasn't hearing the punchline of some of the jokes. So, I'd repeat it, and then she'd laugh all late. She had a hearty laugh too. It was quite cute. I do enjoy meeting new people and being around people that aren't my age and are different from me. I'm not actually a member of the alumni association anymore(shhh-don't tell them) because I'm still a little bitter that they changed the name of the school even though more people voted to keep it the same. Now it's supposed to be more nationally recognized and bring in more students, and indirectly have a football team that doesn't suck-I guess. Blah-de-blah-blah. Still not sure if I'm gonna re-join. But I'll damn sure go to the mixers.

Our company is having a Valentine's mixer today after work. There is going to be wine, spirits, and Chick-Fil-A nuggets. I didn't know they were such a big deal! I'm definitely going to the next one.

No comments: