Saturday, June 23, 2012

A good time was had by all...

Yesterday I went with two of my favorite people to the movies. We went to see Madagascar 3 in 3-d. I had never seen Madagascar 1 or 2 but they assured me I would understand. Giorgio proceeded to fill me in on 1 and 2 on the long drive to Tegus. And I told them the movie was in 3-d. They were like, uh, ok. Whatever that means.

We ate at the food court, bought our movie tickets and proceeded to enter the theater. They were so confused when the guy handed us the glasses. I told them you have to wear the glasses and things in the movie seem real. They were still skeptical. Like, whatever lady. There's no way THAT can happen.

So we're early. Just sharing candy and hanging out. They're teaching me how to speak in Spanish in the past tense (I still live in the present or future, no need to look back). Then it tells you to put on your glasses. And explains about 3-d. I wish I could have recorded it.

Alejandro was absolutely blown away. And I quote, "It look like scared. Like, I'm scared!" And this was only the first 10 seconds before any of the previews or movie. Sidenote: I know I'm a teacher and all, but I just love it when my kids speak broken English. It's so charming. Now for the previews. He is talking loudly, "It's like right here, in front of us. Whoa." The whole time Giorgio is just giggling at Alejandro.

Alejandro barely spoke 10 words on the way to the movies and may 8 on the way back to Zamorano. But damn, he was impressed with that 3-d movie. Just kept going on about it. During the movie. Loudly. And I let him.  



Giorgio y Alejandro. Just look at these cool dudes. PS-Giorgio NEVER let me take pictures of him when he was in my class.






No comments: