so are the days in Honduras.
I'm not sure if it's because I haven't started school yet or what, but time is really going slow here. I love it! Today I had done so much and realized it was only 3:00 pm!
We got up early to go to school and work in our classrooms. Then we went to lunch. Then we got in some driving practice. Then we played some catch. And now I'm catching up on all my interweb.
I'm sure things will be sooo different once my roommates arrive (one gets in tomorrow!) and once school starts, but I am enjoying this. THIS I can get used to. Of course, I have to fight the urge sometimes to be wanting to DO SOMETHING! all the time. That's the American and teacher in me. Although I could pass the hours watching tv, sometimes I was trying to do a million things at once. Hopefully I will go with it and enjoy the journey.
Today I was in the classroom for about three hours. In that time I got all my furniture arranged how I like it and managed to put up one bulletin board. I have four more to go. When I get flustered or have that old familiar stressed out feeling coming back, I just remember what a great learning and growing experience this is. How it's so outside of my box that the box has been broken down and put in the recycling bin. I get to do this amazing thing with some pretty cool people, myself included. Who ever would have thought I'd be here speaking Spanish with Marcio in my classroom in Honduras? Or walking home to my house running into some kids that go to my school and just chat them up.
New mantra: I GET to do this.
Monday, August 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE the new mantra. Way to be positive :)
Post a Comment