Sunday, July 25, 2010

Endings are usually sad

So last night was my "Moving to Honduras" party. It was great to see family, old and new friends and just enjoy this hot Texas weather. Ok, could have done without all that hot weather, but that's not the point. I felt so loved and special to have everyone I love in the same place at once. Oh, and the night ended in some pretty brutal water volleyball. What more could you ask for? Thanks to everyone who came out to make the day so awesome, despite it being hotter than the hinges of hell.

During the party I only cried a few times. I'm a sap and it's hard to say goodbye. I know it's not goodbye forever. Life has chapters. But, I hold onto those chapters. I get comfy with those chapters. I cuddle with them, buy them slurpees and watch movies in my night nights with those chapters. Then something changes and my life takes another turn--another chapter starts. I have a hard time getting into the next chapter, but I always love it once I'm in it.

I guess I'll title this next chapter, "Voy al cine". Mostly because that's what I remember from my spanish class in high school. I was a bit of a slacker in that class. When we were supposed to be holding conversations with our partners, my partner and I would just say, "voy al cine" every time our teacher would walk by. Then we would continue our conversations in English about some party that weekend or how lame the Birdhouse crew was. So, that's right. This next chapter will be called "Voy al cine". To all you English speakers, that's "I'm going to the movies."

2 comments:

Justin, Kris, and Bowen said...

Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will. :)

Kel said...

OMG, you made me laugh so hard with the Birdhouse crew comment that I snorted! I haven't thought of that crew in about 13 years. too freakin' funny. You will be greatly missed but I know you will be livin' up the new adventure, chapter, and you will report back to us old chapters. XoXo!!!!!