Thursday, May 13, 2010

Softball Wednesdaythursday

Dude. Can we please get another win? I mean, it's like they have professionals coming in and playing. Now some of these professionals may be "washed up" by the American League standards, but professionals nonetheless. Last week was a pretty close game, but no dice!

This week we lost again. It was a pretty good game. Until that one inning. In the field. I think almost every player out on the field made at least one error. Then they just kept coming. Ouch. It hurts when an inning gets away from you that fast. It's just hard to come back from that stuff.

I didn't get any good hits. I did get some good exercise busting my ass to get to first and then running back to the dugout because I got out. I did that about, oh, 3 times--every time I was up to bat. Unfortunate.

I did redeem myself shortly by making a good play on first. I know! I was surprised too. Line drive. Right to me. I had time to set up, planted my feet and said to myself, "Self! Get this damn ball. You got it!" It was coming right to me and bounced right in front of me so I snatched it up real quick. Then I said, "Oh shit! I caught it!!" and ran to tag first. Great play, self! High five!!

No comments: