Tonight they won the first series in the playoffs against the Mavs (ewww). I just wanted to share our experience from last Sunday's game 4. My mom, brother and I made the trek down to San Antonio to watch our Spurs take on the Mavvies. We are all BIG Spurs fans. I mean, don't talk shit about our Spurs. It's personal for us. WE love them. Almost as much as our Cowboys. I definitely inherited my fanaticism from my mom. We love to watch games and scream and clap at the tv and act like we've got it all figured out. I always say when I was growing up I knew it was Sunday because my mom was yelling and clapping at the Cowboys on tv. My dad stayed home with my grandma, plus it's a little loud for him at the games. Ha!
Talk about exciting stuff. The energy from start to finish is just amazing. If you've never been to a playoff game, you simply must go. First of all, you get fun props. Upon entry to the game, we got a drum-type thing that sort of looked like the drum from the second Karate Kid movie. SCORE! Second of all, it's very entertaining. It's kind of like a circus. There were people on stilts and guys walking around the entire stadium playing percussion and the quads. Plus, there are the $8 beers and kosher hot dogs. After our kosher hot dogs, we went to find our seats. Seats, that we had purchased only the day before. Said seats were only marked up about 200% from their original value. Awesome. Balcony level, row 1. Great! Not only do we have first row seats, but we're on the edge. Perfect for a gal like me that needs to make many trips to the ladies' room. PLUS, we had our own little picnic area to put our drinks on. Cool.
And now for the game. Fantastic action. Back and forth. Close at some parts, then scary at some parts. At one point the Spurs were something like 25 points behind. At that point I felt like, well at least we're almost all feeling the same sting of defeat if they lose. I found a little comfort that if they actually lost it, I would be surrounded by thousands of my closest friends and we could all cry together. Every single basket after that was like the winning shot at the finals. Ape shit. They managed to pull it out and won the damn game. I really did feel like at any point things could get really out of control. It was fun. There was dancing, t-shirt shooting, screaming, Dos Equis, and high fives. Spurs rock, yes they do!
Now, I think we all know I've got a mouth on me. I did almost get in a fight at Disneyworld. I wasn't planning on throwing the first punch of course. Anyways, I think I did pretty good at keeping my mouth shut. Especially considering those $8 beers. This being a free country and all, they actually let Mavericks fans in the AT&T Center. I know, weird. There was lots of shit talking, but nothing serious. The only time I got involved was when we were walking out after the game was over. There was one lone Mavericks fan walking out. He was on his phone, or at least pretending to be. Everyone was screaming and hollering in his direction. He got upset, as most Maverick fans were. He actually "booed" us. The "us" I'm referring to is the Spurs. Yes, I do consider myself part of the team. That's not crazy or anything, I'm just a fan. Well, the nerve!! I wouldn't be disrespected. Not in our house. So I screamed at him, "NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!". There. I felt better after that. Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure there were also hand gestures pointing toward the floor.
3 comments:
Sounds like y'all had a blast! :)
Not in our house is right! I'm so jealous you went! How fun :)
Post a Comment