Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Softball Wednesdays

Sooooo, today's game was great! I wish I could say we won, but alas that first victory eludes us. This game was a lot of fun, though. We were tied pretty much the whole game. It really came down the last inning. One point was the difference between winning and losing. Our team was so positive and everyone gave their all. Can you ask for more? I think not.

But let me tell you about the best part. I got a home run!! I got a home run!! I shit you not. Yes, she-who-barely-gets-on-base got a home run. It was an outside pitch, just like I like 'em. So I swing as usual. Bam!! Contact. Next, all I know is I'm running to first, and I can see the ball in the outfield. I'm like, "Score!! I totally got on base!" Then they don't throw it and I go to second. Thought in my head, "Cool!! My first double!" I look at Jesse, our third base coach, and he's waving me toward him. A triple?? No way!! I know. I was thinking that too. Then he just waves me home. And I'm all, "No f@@@ing way!" but I run like I'm on fire and touch that home plate.

Guys. I can't even tell you how awesome it was. I am jumping up and down. "I f@@@ing did it! I f@@@ing did it!!" I am high fiving my whole team (who have all come out onto the field) while jumping up. It felt like a high five from God. It. Was. AWESOME!!

2 comments:

Kel said...

way to go on your f@@@ing homerun. Wish I would've been there to see it! I know it must've been quite the scene. hee hee!

Chaya said...

You ARE f'ing awesome! Get it girl!