Thursday, October 01, 2009

MB Update

That's Master Batters for short. Wednesday night we lost. It actually looked as if we let the other team win. We were up 16-0. Then they scored one run. Then we sort of let them run away for one winning. They caught up and scored 13. And we held them. Then they scored five more. Such a shame. The good news? I did get a good hit. I've been struggling with batting since the Bruisers' season started. I can hit all day in practice, then at the game I get nervous. I guess I forget how! Well, last night I jokingly meditated for a short bit before I stepped up to the plate. BAM! A solid grounder right between first and second base. I think the lesson we have learned here, is don't knock the power of meditation. Even if it is a half ass attempt so that you can get a hit in a competitive sport and temporary feel the power of winning.

No comments: