It's official. Summer is over. Always a hard fact to face for teachers. And you think kids don't want to go back?? Summer is way cooler when you're a grown up and have a paycheck. Anyways--here's my top ten list of how I know summer's really over.
10. I have forgotten the daytime line up. Does the Dr.'s come on at 3 or 4? Like it really matters anymore.
9. My house looks like crap, there are dishes piling up in the sink and who knows the last time I got the mail.
8. Conversations inevitably go back to the "t" word.
7. Every time I want to scream or pull my hair out, I magically get calmer. It has taken 5 years to perfect this.
6. Yellow school buses. Talk about sloooow.
5. My blogs are teacher centered (not learner centered-ha!)
4. Five words. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
3. TGIF isn't just a tv line up on Friday nights.
2. I feel like a new parent. All. I. Want. To. Do. Is. Sleep.
1. Someone is literally sticking their tongue out at me daily.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dude, sounds like you've got a class this year!! It can only get better, right? Our fist quarter is almost over...we are in the think of things here! We do have Spring Break in a couple of weeks though...man, I need it!
Dude, I do have a class. Only 14. Feels like more! You are right--will get better. Can't wait for that! Glad you have a break coming up-will be nice. Still looking to visit!
I'm with you on #9 and I'm working on #7.... Personally, I'm still crossing my fingers for a rewind and re-do on summer....
I know, I know- I'm not holding my breath.
Post a Comment