Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Two words...
Fucken awesome. Yes, I know I misspelled the f-bomb. But it was for dramatic effect. Our softball game tonight was fucken awesome. First of all, it was in the 90's instead of 100's. Great--that's like fall weather around here. Second, almost all of our team showed up. Third, we really brought the energy again. We are all yelling for each other, being positive and such. You really would have thought we were playing for the championship-that's how we roll. We were like that last week and it rocked--even though we didn't win. Anyway, we ended the game with some lightning round type stuff. Since we were tied and time was up, it went to one pitch softball. You get one pitch, it's either: a ball-you walk, a strike-you're out, a hit-you hope you get on base, or a foul-you're out. Talk about your crazy pressure! We were home so we were in the field first. We held them. So, all we had to do was score one run. So we bat and it's going ok. And it all ends, are you ready for this?, with a classic case of monkey in the middle-fielders trying to tag out a runner from third to home. A teammate had decided to run from third to home on an overthrow. But, as they threw home, the damn catcher caught it. So as he's almost home, he decided to go back to third, causing them to throw the ball back to third, and at one point we thought he would fall, but he recovered and somehow manages to make it home before they throw it back to home! Oh my god. Are you totally stoked yet? Because I haven't even told you how our whole team ran out screaming to greet him on the field. It was insane. No other teams are quite excited like us. Guess what? We don't care either. We have so much fun and play with our hearts that this victory might as well have been an olympic gold. And it is our 2nd win of 9 games. Do you feel me now?
Labels:
Backyard Bruisers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do. I really think I do. :) Way to go Bruisers!
I knew you would Lori. I love that the blog is like a text message between us. Ummmmm...are you ready for wheelchair boys (lol as I type it!) tomorrow! I am.
Post a Comment