Monday, September 21, 2009

Serenity now

The last two days have been good. I have had some fun and managed to keep things from really bothering me (especially getting called out at work!). I attribute this success to meditating. That's the only thing that I've changed. Meditating the last two nights. So, I plan to keep it up. Consider it a research project, if you will. I will keep you posted. Also, while talking at lunch I said out loud how I'm trying to decipher between the things that I can control (me and very few other things) and everything else (work stuff--'nuff said). I'm trying not to focus my energy on the things I have no control over and re focus my energy on what I can control and make better. I think the alcoholics have some prayer. Like..."God (Buddha, Allah, baby Jesus), please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change-like assessments and lesson plans, the courage to change the things I can-like you-know-who's behavior, the wisdom to know the difference, and the ability to not shoot my mouth off at work and get fired. Thanks, dude."

I added a little bit to it. Don't think God minds at all. It's all about differentiation.

PS-You know what else helps? Drinking. Lots of drinking.

No comments: