Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wordless Wednesday will be interrupted to bring you this important message...

We won! We won! We won!

The Backyard Bruisers now have a "dubya". We did it! We won our first game. It was awesome. We almost didn't even know what to do with ourselves. We were hitting (me--most of the time!!), making outs and actually had one inning with "three up, three down" as us ball players like to say. There were no broken noses to report this time and it turns out the heavier bat makes the ball go farther. Who knew?? Now I know that we're out there to have fun, and blah, blah, blah. But damnit! It's not fun if you lose every game. I was raised playing competitive sports. I like to win. Now I understand that it is important how you play the game. But if you play the game well, and if you play against a team that may not be as skilled as you, you win! We needed a win to boost our self esteem. Next week we'll probably be reminded once again that we are a novice team, but let's enjoy being on the winning team for once, shall we?

3 comments:

Chaya said...

Yay! I'm glad y'all won! :)

LoriLyn said...

Yeah hoo!! Congrats to the Bruisers!

Lacey said...

Thanks guys!!