Not sure about you, but I am constantly making lists. I know you are Chaya!! These are in my head, on paper and on the computer. They'll include anything from what I need to do for the day(s), projects for the website I'm working on, things to buy, things to email, what to take camping, what to pack, etc. Lately I've felt like these lists suck. Although they help me get organized, they are taking over!
**Sidenote--I blame teaching for this. I wasn't like this before I had to constantly multitask at work. I used to be A LOT more laid back. I promise!! Don't get me wrong, love my job. It's just changed me.
I digress. I read something in a book lately that has helped me. Maybe it will help you. Or maybe you will decide to have an intervention for me. Either one. Instead of making a "to do list" I view it like this: "I choose to..." For example: I choose to be active everyday. Instead of thinking of working out as one more thing to do, I just see it like I choose to do it for my health and sanity. Being active can mean anything from walking to yoga to softball to dancing. Now while I may not necessarily "choose to" buy trash bags, it helps me feel like I have control over the lists. It also helps me to put the important things (me!!) into perspective.
There it is. The new me. Profound, isn't it.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice...let me know how it goes. :)
Hmmm. I like it.
Post a Comment