Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Packing...not my forte

So it's time to start packing for Europe. Usually I'm an early packer. Like I'm an early gift giver. As soon as I buy a gift for someone, I want to give it to them. So usually when I plan a trip, I start packing as soon as I buy the plane ticket. At least in my mind. So when people started asking "Are you packed yet?" I panicked a little. I can usually answer, "Yes, I've been packed for a week. Think my clothes will be wrinkled?"

This time is different. I have put it off. Not sure why. Maybe it's because the weather is going to be different? Or because I needed closed toe shoes and can't wear flip flops (what else do people wear?)? So, here I go starting tonight. Wish me luck! Apparently it's not once-an-overpacker-always-an0overpacker. I keep reminding myself of the Peru incident. I've morphed into a minimalist packer that severely needed more pants in the rainforest. And if there's one thing you don't want in the rainforest, it's to be saying "I need more pants man!"

4 comments:

Chaya said...

You are so right! I already know that I do need more pants (man). Ugh! Packing sucks!

LoriLyn said...

Where exactly are you going, missy??

Lacey said...

Hey LoriLyn! Cute pic. I am going to London and Dublin. For a week! Leaving tomorrow. So excited!! Are you so ready for Spring Break?

Anonymous said...

You are ridiculous! But I love it! Hope you are having a safe flight!