Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Happy tears

As I sit here and count down the days until summer (7 days), I can't help but cry. It's hard to see through all of the end of the year crap. Yes there is a lot of crap and it's not, in the words of a friend, "all water balloon fights and fun". Anyways, it's hard to see through that and realize that I only have 7 days left with these kids. I really didn't think I would be so attached, but I am. These kids have been with me for 6 hours a day for 180 days. They are all so special in their own way. They are so sweet to me and each other. They are smart. They are respectful. They are creative. They are fun. They are silly. They are my Monkeys. I'm sad and glad at the same time. Teaching really is hard work.

No comments: