Let me tell you what really sucks about not having a job. Not being able to shop. Sure, I can fill my days until normal people get off work. Sure, I can pay the bills from the unemployment checks. Sure, I get to concentrate on school. But I don't get to buy things that I don't necessarily need. Shopping makes me happy. A lot of other things make me happy, too. But I really didn't realize how much shit I bought until I had to seriously analyze each and every purchase. New shirt? Nope, can't get it. Don't know when my next check is coming in. New DVD? (Season 1 of Las Vegas, perhaps?) Nope, don't need it. Jeans? (Since every day is jeans day for me, this would actually be a sensible purchase) Nope. Jeans can wait. I just might have a problem and losing my job has made me realize that I definitely need to marry up.
On yet another note, I'm on some medication that seriously tastes like poison. I've never tasted poison, but I'm pretty sure that it tastes like the pills that I have to take 3x a day for 7 days. It should have one of those green, yucky stickers on it we got in health class in elementary school. Also, there's no drinking on this medication. Not the "we suggest you don't drink on these meds" but the "you absolutely can't drink while taking this or you'll get violently sick". They obviously weren't there for my 21st birthday. Now that was violently sick. One side effect of this medicine-a metallic taste. So help me God, after I read that, I started tasting metal. "If they continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor." Um, yeah. I'm pretty sure that a metallic taste is bothersome.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment