Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday fun

Who would have thought that a 3-day week could be so long. It's finally Friday and I am welcoming this weekend with open arms and a koozie for my Dos Equis. Our department has a presentation today for our attorneys and my role is: to sit quietly and enjoy. That's all I have to do! That's great, because that's exactly what I wanted to do. Sometimes it pays to be the Department Assistant. "Pays" probably isn't the word I should use, let's just say it works out. I should say that I've been having a bad attitude towards work this week, but I think I'm finally back in the groove. And now that I'm settled back in, next week starts my new and improved rigorous workout routine. I should note that by rigorous I don't mean working out more times during the week, but longer workouts. And by longer workouts I mean that I'll be taking more breaks, thus making them last longer.

I haven't posted much on our trip to Keystone, but here's a funny story. We get to Denver and rent a car from Enterprise. First of all, we had to upgrade to a 6 cylinder. A 6 cylinder? Really? That's an upgrade? Anyways, not the point of my story. Later that day I noticed some unidentified object sitting on the dash of the passenger side. It could be beef jerky, could be candy, it could be Mr. Hanky-we don't know. It was brown. What the hell? Who leaves that kind of stuff behind? What was it doing on the dash in the first place? All valid questions. So the whole trip we're checking on this mystery object to make sure it's still there. Yup-still there. Oooh-let's video it. I know-so mature. Well, it became our mascot of sorts. We looked at it with fondness and thought it might be our good luck charm, although it was disgusting. When getting ready to leave Denver, we examined the object further. Angela used an envelope to guide our friend out of the car and onto the ground. Upon closer examination-we still don't know what the hell it was. It was scary looking-we know that for sure. The moral of the story is: when there are gross things in the rental car, it's best to gawk and video them rather than actually remove it from the car. That would make too much sense.

No comments: