Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Thanks Dr. Scholl's

I am totally gellin' today. If you aren't gellin', I highly suggest it.


Last night it was again proved to me that I am very impulsive. I buy and start things on a whim.

Exhibit A:
I have a scarf, gloves and poncho that I haven't even worn yet that I'm going to return because I saw new stuff I want. This may seem fairly normal, but I am constantly doing this. I am a returner. And I already ripped the tags off. I do have the receipt, though. You can't imagine how many trips I have to make to the mall before I am satisfied with a purchase.

Exhibit B:
I decided that I wanted to learn how to play the fiddle. And that I would teach myself. So, I buy myself a little fiddle off of eBay (a cheap one)and get some tips off the internet. I played a little bit and even went to a music store to get a book on the subject. I broke one of the strings trying to tune it and haven't played since. It's really hard to play the fiddle.

Exhibit C:
Okay, same thing with the guitar. Now I can play some notes, but chords-forget it. If ever someone needs to hear "Yankee Doodle" or "Ode to Joy", I'm the girl. It's really hard to play the guitar too.

Exhibit D:
A few years ago I thought it a good idea to make my own candles. So, I got a chunk of wax, some molds and other accessories and attempted to make "homemade" candles. They turned out alright (if you like your candles sunken in the middle), but I wasn't going into the candle business anytime soon. That was the first and last time I made candles. All the stuff is sitting in the garage waiting to be used.

Exhibit E:
Wanted a fondu pot for my birthday a couple years ago. Have I ever made fondu? I think you know the answer.

Exhibit F:
My latest activity is crocheting. I bought some yarn, a hook, and a book. I'm still working on this one. I'm determined to make a scarf. I can't tell you which winter this scarf will make an appearance. I may have to enlist the help of professionals and take a class at Michael's for this one.

Exhibit G:
Sparkly scarf. Need I say more?

I rest my case. At least I admit it, though. I'm impulsive.

I'm certain that if I had more time, I would be a well dressed musician with my own business selling all these items. And I would be RICH!

No comments: