Monday, November 08, 2004

What a wild weekend

As I get older this is what my weekends turn into:

Friday-Happy Hour and dinner with friends followed by renting "White Chicks". In bed by 10 p.m.

Saturday-Breakfast with the family, visit my grandmother, lunch with friends, learn to crochet, and laundry. In bed by 12 a.m.-only because of said laundry.

Sunday-Race for the Cure, lunch and shopping with friends, nappy-pooh, and cleaning. In bed by 10 p.m.

I love these kinds of weekends. Especially following the last two weekends that weren't so relaxed.


The Race for the Cure in Austin was awesome! There were almost 20,000 people there. It was so moving to be involved in it and be there for all of the survivors and those that have lost the battle. My aunt is a survivor and I ran/walked for her. It was a beautiful day and I really did better than I thought I would. There were so many people on the sidelines cheering everyone on-it was great. It just gives you hope for the cure and hope for the people affected by it. The Komen Foundation does a really good job promoting the event and organizing it. It was a great experience and I encourage everyone to do it.

On the other hand, I did the Heart Walk put on by the American Heart Association a few weeks ago and it was a really disappointing turn out (to me at least). The walk was cool, but there just weren't a lot of people there. It's not that it isn't organized, it's just that I know more people could be reached. Many people are affected by heart disease and it seems to me that their campaign could be better. My dad suffers from heart disease and this cause is important to me. So, it is my mission to make my voice heard and help out how I can to make the Heart Walk even better.

Happy Monday everyone.
Only 4 more days till Friday!
Only 13 more days till I'm off for Thanksgiving!

No comments: