Friday, November 19, 2004

Pre Thanksgiving Lunch

Sometimes it really is cool to work for a big company. Today we had our Thanksgiving lunch and it was gooooooood. The firm has it catered and everyone brings sides/appetizers/desserts. I did not bring anything-I'm just not a cook or a baker, plus I'm lazy. They pass out many Simon gift certificates to the top 3 in each category. I really wanted to win the $100 one, but figured that there was too much competition out there. After an hour of eating and merriment, we visited the dessert room. Good stuff. There was talk of visiting the desserts again later on this afternoon. There are just too many to choose from. We even got to hang out in the "off limits to you" lounge with the tv and everything. In this lounge there are pastries every morning. Sometimes I wish I was that important just to have the option of eating these pastries and watching tv at work. But, I guess you don't get to be that important by watching tv at work anyway. Now I definitely need a nap.

Another good thing about this company is our Holiday party. Last year it was so much fun that I decided to drink too much wine and blacked out and had to confirm the next day that I had behaved. I know what you're thinking, but I wasn't that girl that made a total ass of myself. I emphasize total because words were uttered that shouldn't have been, but I was among friends at the time. At this year's party I'm definitely going to eat more at the dinner and drink less during the gambling, especially since I know way more people at the company this year because of my high profile marketing position. Ha! Anyways, I'm just giving thanks that today is like a field trip when you're in elementary school. Nothing else really gets done on those days. God Bless Corporate America.

No comments: