Friday, February 25, 2011

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You

I would just like to state here in writing how much I love my class. I've had other classes and students that have touched my heart and I love all of them (even you-know-who and that-other-one that made my life a living hell for 9 short months). But this class is so special and I'm already starting to dread the day when they'll leave me for 4th grade and I'll have to train some new ones. And the 2nd grade class is a little out of control, I might have to break their little spirits to get them to behave. Just kidding. Sort of.

As I've said before teaching English Language Learners is awesome. Things I take for granted or things I assume they know surprise me on a daily basis. Like this week a few of them started using air quotes and they totally used them correctly. A ha! If they have learned nothing else, it is to use sarcasm!

Or today, when Eduardo was trying to speed up the group he says, "We don't have all the day!" Well, it was true. We indeed did not have all the day.

I love the expression in their voices. I love their accents. I love the way they take care of each other and also give each other a hard time. I love their nick names for each other. I love that they'll work for stickers and praise. I love that they have accepted me and show me what it is to love and be loved every day. They are my family here. And they rock!! Like, for real.

No comments: