This is how we roll at my house. My dad, brother and I can be wildly immature and love a good word play as well as corny jokes. Like when Cowboys kicker Nick Folk attempted to kick a field goal, I said, "Don't Folk it up." Cody said it was a good one and I concurred. Then my dad says, "Meet the Folkers." I come back with, "I've known you since you were a little Folker." His name is Folk, not Folker, but that makes it even funnier. We all have a good laugh. All that comedy reminded me of a little trick I like to play on kids and adults. You ask someone, "What were you eating under there?" Hopefully they say, "Under where?" To which you respond, "Ewwwww! You were eating underwear?!?!" Side note-third graders love this. So of course I was all, "I'm gonna ask mom when she gets back! I'm gonna ask mom when she gets back!!"
The plan worked perfectly...she said 'Under Where?' right off the bat (most times it doesn't work out so smoothly!). Hee hee. So we all start laughing and saying 'Ewwwwww. Gross. You were eating underwear!?!?' She responds, in her best Texas accent, "Y'all are morons.", and doesn't even skip a beat watching the rest of the Cowboys game.
I am totally thankful for my family, friends and all the laughter in my life. Really, laughter makes me happy. There's nothing I'd rather do than laugh till it hurts with someone I love by my side! :)
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so sweet. love you lace. wish i was by your side laughing!
Hahaha! I can totally picture this :)
Glad you had a day full of laughs :)
Wish u were here too Amber--we have had some good laughs over the years too!!
Justin, Kris and Bowen--when is the site gonna be up and running?
Lori--hope you are having a good break! It rocks right?
Post a Comment