Saturday, October 03, 2009

Day Two

Bad news: Got escorted out by the cops.

Good news: We were already on the way out.

Here are the details. ACL has really missed the boat on bathrooms this year. Waiting in line for over 30 minutes is just unacceptable, no matter who you are or who you ask. Really. After seven years you would expect a little more. But, whatever. So, on the way out we stop by the port-a-potties. Cody just could not hold it. And who am I to judge? I almost went in my pants earlier in the day just to avoid the whole situation. I thought no one would notice, we were getting soaked anyway.

So, as he was waiting in the line everybody starts cheering. Apparently some dude had decided to pee beside the bathrooms and forget waiting in line. So, Cody goes to do the same thing. Unfortunately all the commotion had caught the attention of the cops. Busted. The cop was really cool and decided not to give him a ticket and just escort us out. We didn't tell him, but we were headed that direction after Cody peed. The police escort actually helped speed things along--people sure cleared out of the way. Plus Cody got to drink his beer as long as he finished it before we left the premises. They were really nice and I get that they have a job to do. Uphold the rules, keep the peace, and all. But here's what I suggest to ACL--more fucking bathrooms. Why are you holding out?

On another note, the grass that they spent $2 million on (learned this fact from our new cop friend), is totally ruined due to the rain. It was like one big, crazy, fun mud pit. I was literally kicking mud on my back from my flip flops. Even though I spent most of the day in the bathroom line, it was fun. We saw Flogging Molly, Mos Def, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of the Dead among others. Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure.


Pre drowned rat.


Ruh Roh


Are we having fun yet?


Couldn't wait to shower.

No comments: